Ed Trust–West’s Education Equity Forum 2022: Moving Forward Together
Ed Trust–West’s Education Equity Forum 2022 will provide the first opportunity since 2019 for educational justice advocates to gather together and learn from each other. This year’s forum will focus on how we move forward together to leverage evidence-based strategies to significantly improve racial and educational equity and justice in our early learning centers, schools, and colleges throughout California. The Forum will feature:
- engaging speakers doing racial equity and justice work in classrooms, campuses, and communities
- real-world focused breakout sessions sharing actionable tips and tools for practitioners, administrators, and advocates
- opportunities to connect and network with fellow equity champions
Education Equity Forum Sept 19 -20th
Reception (Open to all Forum registrants) Monday Sept 19th 5:30pm – 7:30pm PT
Join fellow advocates, practitioners, and education equity community members for refreshments, snacks, and connections!
Forum Sessions Tuesday, Sept 20th 8am – 4pm PT
Agenda and speakers coming soon!
Pre-Forum Implementation Institutes
Monday, Sept 19th 1pm – 5pm PT
Join us for one of three Pre-Forum Implementation Institutes on Monday, Sept 19th from 1pm – 5pm! After a number of new investments from state leaders, local school districts and colleges have a lot to consider in terms of moving from policy to on-the-ground implementation in order to recover stronger from the pandemic. Our Pre-Forum sessions will allow practitioners and advocates to dig deeper into an urgent topic and connect in interactive ways to learn and plan for the future. Participants will hear expert presentations on the recent policy change, have time to plan with fellow participants, discuss local dynamics impacting implementation, and identify key opportunities for action. Each participant will leave with an action plan they can take home to their own communities to support equity-minded implementation. Topic for current Pre-Forum Institutes include:
- Jumpstarting College Access: Expanding Dual Enrollment Pathways for Students of Color in Your Community (co-hosted by Ed Trust–West and Career Ladders Project)
- Going #Allin4FinancialAid: Increasing FAFSA & CADAA Completion in K-12 School Districts
- Enhancing Early Learning Equity: Action Planning for Transitional Kindergarten Expansion
- All attendees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend the Education Equity Forum, and will be asked to provide proof of vaccination prior to attendance.
- All event attendees are being asked to take a Rapid Antigen COVID-19 test the day prior to their arrival at the event and will be asked to upload the negative test results. (If arriving for the Implementation Institute and/or the Reception on Monday 9/19, tests must be uploaded on Sunday, 9/18).
- All attendees are required to mask during the event (properly covering both your nose and mouth); specifically in the indoors conference event spaces (indicated by signage).
- Lastly, attendees will be required to take a Rapid Antigen COVID-19 test the morning of the Education Equity Forum, Tuesday 9/20, and upload the negative test result to a centralized platform.