Manager of Operations & Talent
The Education Trust—West (ETW) works for the high academic achievement for all students at all levels—pre-kindergarten through college. We expose opportunity and achievement gaps that separate students of color and low-income students from other youth, and we identify and advocate for the strategies that will forever close those gaps. We work alongside parents, educators, policymakers, and community and business leaders across the state in transforming public schools into institutions that serve all students well. Lessons learned in these efforts, together with unflinching data analyses, shape our state policy agenda. To learn more, please visit www.edtrustwest.org.
The Education Trust—West (ETW) seeks a full-time Manager of Operations and Talent to assume responsibility for managing end-to-end operational processes including contract management and to develop and implement systems that increase the effectiveness and efficiency of our work. This person will also play a key role in enabling the organization to continually improve efforts to attract, develop and retain exceptional staff members through a focus on human capital programs, organizational development and staff experience. This position reports to the Director of Operations and Planning.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, systems-oriented, able to plan and track multiple projects and passionate about creating learning experiences and growth opportunities for staff members and the team as a whole in order to support the organization’s work to improve the educational experiences and outcomes for low-income students and students of color.
This position will be based in Oakland, California.
General Operations and Project Management
- Manage the creation, approval and monitoring of all ETW contracts, including annual consultants, MOUs with our community partnership sub grantee programs, and internships and fellows program
- Develop and implement standardized office procedures, including safety and emergency plans for the organization; create, maintain and publish critical infrastructure documents including Operations Manual
- General project support for other projects, as they arise, including planning and facilitating a move to new office space in 2018
- Lead the planning and development of the content for the organizations’ weekly All Staff meeting and connect the content to the weekly Leadership Team meetings
- Management of projects and events that require significant collaboration across ETW teams
- Serve as thought partner in setting a vision and lead the execution of initiatives around the life cycle of an employee, including sourcing and selecting new staff members, onboarding, long-term development and ongoing retention
- Liaise with Ed Trust Human Resources team members in Washington DC to collaborate and connect on systems and best practices
- Execute human resources processes, including onboarding, conflict resolution, and key initiatives such as annual evaluation pilots and operating values review and development
- Manage internship programs, facilitate temporary staffing, and support the ETW fellows programs
Qualifications and Experience
- Passion for improving the educational experiences and outcomes for low-income students, students of color, and English learners
- Strategic talent acumen coupled with a deep and lived belief in the importance diversity, equity and inclusion
- Proven effectiveness in facilitating growth in others, especially around cultural competency and inclusion
- Demonstrated ability in being able to navigate between maintaining compliance and meeting the needs of individual staff members
- The ability to build strong relationships and to collaborate with a diverse and dynamic staff team
- Commitment to, and understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion a must; the ability to concisely communicate an equity rationale a plus
- Refined prioritization and time management skills – able to switch gears, handle interruptions, and refocus back on planned work while meeting all deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex information clearly and effectively
- Commitment to “Walking the Talk,” which means operating with – and a willingness to develop – cultural competence: an understanding that systemic and institutionalized racism significantly affect communities of color and of the historical impact of privilege and power on American systems, along and sensitivity, humility, and a willingness to self-reflect
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Education Trust–West offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter that describes your interest in this position, your relevant qualifications and experience, and your availability, to email@example.com.
- In the subject line write the name of the position you are applying for and your last name, for example “Manager of Operations and Talent—Reyes”
- Please save your resume and other materials as attachments with names as follows:
“Manager of Operations and Talent—Reyes-Résumé”
The Education Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in all facets of the organization’s work.
NO TELEPHONE INQUIRIES