The Education Trust—West (ETW) works for the high academic achievement for all students at all levels—pre-kindergarten through college. We expose opportunity and achievement gaps that separate students of color and low-income students from other youth, and we identify and advocate for the strategies that will forever close those gaps. We work alongside parents, educators, policymakers, and community and business leaders across the state in transforming public schools into institutions that serve all students well. Lessons learned in these efforts, together with unflinching data analyses, shape our state policy agenda. To learn more, please visit www.edtrustwest.org.
The Education Trust—West (ETW) seeks a full-time Administration & HR Associate to assume responsibility for managing end-to-end operational processes and to develop and implement systems that increase the effectiveness and efficiency of our work. This person will also play a key role in supporting hiring, onboarding and retention efforts with a focus on equity and inclusion. This position reports to the Director of Planning, Grants & Administration.
The ideal candidate has HR experience, is highly organized, systems-oriented, able to plan and track multiple projects and passionate about creating learning experiences and growth opportunities for staff members and the team as a whole in order to support the organization’s work to improve the educational experiences and outcomes for low-income students and students of color.
This position will be based in Oakland, California.
General Administration and Project Management
- Develop, maintain, and implement efficient and standardized office procedures and critical infrastructure, such as organization-wide manuals & safety and emergency plans
- In partnership with the Director of Planning, Grants & Admin, lead the planning and development of the content for the organizations’ weekly All Staff meeting
- Provide general project support that requires significant collaboration across ETW teams, including but not limited to assistance with ETW’s 20th Anniversary Campaign
- Specialized support including serving as back-up support for the Operations Coordinator including but not limited to supporting finance matters, general meeting requests and providing basic IT support
Talent Acquisition & Staff Culture
- Support talent acquisition efforts by posting jobs, assisting with the screening and interviewing, conducting reference checks, provide offer letter process, and onboarding of new staff
- Assist hiring managers with talent acquisition efforts including outreach in social media and job boards, job fairs and other events.
- Manage retention efforts by leading ETW’s internal culture efforts in partnership with ETW’s culture committee, the “Funky Bunch” and ensure we are living out our operating values
- Provide support during ETW’s annual performance evaluation cycle
- In partnership with the Director of Planning, Grants & admin, lead ETW’s fellows’ program
- Assist with special projects as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a combination of the following qualifications and experience:
- Commitment to, and understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion a must; the ability to concisely communicate an equity rationale a plus
- Proven work experience as a recruiter or similar role and familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and resume databases, and experience with sourcing techniques
- Refined prioritization and time management skills with an eye for attention to detail – able to switch gears, handle interruptions, and refocus back on planned work while meeting all deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex information clearly and effectively
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook);
- The ability to build strong relationships and to collaborate with a diverse and dynamic staff team
- Commitment to “Walking the Talk,” which means operating with – and a willingness to develop – cultural competence: an understanding that systemic and institutionalized racism significantly affect communities of color and of the historical impact of privilege and power on American systems, along and sensitivity, humility, and a willingness to self-reflect
- A passionate commitment to expanding opportunities for low-income students and students of color, and a belief that P-16 education in California must do a much better job in serving these students.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and at least two years of human resources or related experience required
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Education Trust offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Instructions to Apply
Please provide a cover letter and resume, combined into one document. Your cover letter should describe your background, relevant experience, and your alignment with the mission. In the file name, please write the name of the position you are applying for and your last name: e.g. “Administration and HR Associate_Lopez”
Please submit your applications materials using the link: https://bit.ly/2yaUEx5
The Education Trust-West is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.